Report from the ACOM 407 Attachment A Requirement Survey coming in 2022!
The ALTCS AWFDA and its partners are committed to addressing the extreme shortage of Direct Care Workers in Arizona. We need a growing workforce to meet the increasing number of Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) members in need of high-quality care.
To accomplish this goal, we need a data-driven system that includes important factors such as workforce turnover, staffing statistics, and vacancy rates.
The ALTCS Workforce Development Alliance has joined with the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), and PHI International to create a provider survey that will provide baseline data about Direct Caregivers’ experience in the field of long-term care.
We will use this data to analyze Arizona’s current status, forecast future trends, and develop an action plan that provides resources and support to the Arizona long-term care network.
This report will present the findings from the survey, which covered a range of topics from personal background and employment history to wages and compensation, job satisfaction, workplace safety, and experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Addressing the chronic shortage of Direct Caregivers is an important element of creating a better long-term care system.
Direct Caregiver Survey Goals
1. Understand the leading factors that contribute to a worker’s intent to stay on the job or leave.
2. Inform policy and practice interventions that mitigate threats to workforce stability.
3. Identify and recommend Interventions providers can implement to reduce turnover.
4. Develop resources and tools to support recommendations.
5. Establish baseline data, evaluate interventions and measure progress over time.
6. Influence changes in the system that will impact known issues in order to be able to adequately serve our members in need.